Re: SAND BLASTER QUESTION

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SAND BLASTER QUESTION
From: "Tw Cook" <tw@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 17:35:00 -0500
That is probably not really enough compressor. I have a similar Craftsman
setup. Using fine sand and a fine nozzle, it works if I wait pretty often
for the compressor to catch up.  If you watch the pressure gauge on the
sandblaster tank you'll know when it is time to wait - of course the fact
that it isn't stripping very much of anything any more is also an important
clue.  It will work, and if you are doing small things it will be ok. For
big things it will be pretty frustrating.  Change nozzles frequently, the
small nozzles become large nozzles pretty quickly.

Also, I agree with the previous comments about reducing the sand volume. I
find that on this blaster, it works best to open up the sand valve until a
lot starts coming through (to start the flow), then quickly reduce the sand
amount by quite a lot. Experiment a little, it'll be obvious when you get
the right combination of sand and air because it'll work like you thought a
sandblaster was supposed to!

Tw