Re: Fancy mechanic's gloves

To: Nils <n.ny@intest.com>
Subject: Re: Fancy mechanic's gloves
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:16:28 -0700
Nils wrote:

> I'm surprised that no one mentioned the rub on products.
> There are several brands of "gloves in a tube" that work great.
> Keeps the grime out from under the nails and cuticles stay clean
> not to mention the rest of your hands.  Works great!

Nils,

Yes, I just tried a barrier cream (GoJo Barrier Lotion - solvent
resistant) for the first time, and what a difference it makes in
the cleanup. A five oz tube costs about $2.50 from McMaster.

I am in the process of rebuilding the transmission, installing a
clutch and aluminum flywheel, mains and big-end bearings in my
TR6.  You know what a dirty job pulling the oil pan is, clutch
and transmission stripping can be, and this lotion really helps.
You don't even know you have applied it once it dries (about a
minute).
Try wearing gloves while changing bearing shells with the engine
still in the car. :(

doug