Re: Fancy mechanic's gloves

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fancy mechanic's gloves
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:28:19 -0400

I haven't ever done Parkerazation yet.  Mostly because of the warnings on
this list about it sinking up the oven and kitchen for months to come that
I never tried it.  But while moving, I was able to get my hands on a
separate oven and now that I got the space, I can put it in the shop and
not worry about it.

FWIW, I don't have 3 phase in the shop.  My air compressor is a 240v Home
Depot CH special. But it does the job.  I paint and sandblast with it and
have never had a problem with it.

Inch

                    Martin Scarr

                    <martins@efn.        To:     epetrevich@relavis.com

                    org>                 cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: Fancy mechanic's
gloves
                    09/15/2000

                    05:20 PM

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 epetrevich@relavis.com wrote:

> FWIW, my are totally grease soaked and I'm getting ready to wash them.  I
> figured it wouldn't be a good idea to wash them in the "house" washer and
> dryer, so I'm installing a washer and dryer in the shop (along with a
stove
> for Parkerization's and a microwave for frozen burritos (there is already
> frig down there)) 8>)

Hi-

Where do you buy the chemical to do your own Parkerizing?

Thanks
Martin Scarr