RE: Fancy mechanic's gloves

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fancy mechanic's gloves
From: "Lyn Fatt, Brian A" <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:25:58 -0400
Another vote for the nitrile. I recently picked up a box
from Harbor Freight and they work much better than the
latex gloves. (BTW, I had the same problem with tearing
the latex ones.) I've used the nitrile with wheel bearing
grease, brake fluid, paint thinner without any problems
now. I haven't had one tear while working, but I have had
a few tear while taking them off. Gemplers.com sells a
thicker nitrile if you find that the Harbor Freight ones
are too think. For other stuff, I use leather gloves from
Home Depot. Handles hot brake pads and lugnuts without a
problem.

Brian
brian.lynfatt@eds.com