Re: Welding vs. Brazing was "Welding" stainless

To: Dave Williams <dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Welding vs. Brazing was "Welding" stainless
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:58:32 -0600

Dave Williams wrote:

> -> Just, of course, make sure you are wearing the right eye protection
> -> before you start.  Skin burns can heal, and it should take only one
> -> or two to persuade you to get some appropriate clothing,  but eyes
> -> are more fragile.
>
>  Ah, the local Safety Nazi weighs in...
>
>  It's probably not a good idea to stick the welding electrodes in your
> ears, either.  I wonder how long it'll take before they start putting
> warnings on the packages?
>
>  - Dave "Hey everybody, watch *this*!" Williams

I try not to get overly excited about the safety stuff, but eyes are
pretty fragile. I've injured mine twice--once when a defective safety
shield on a grinder let a sliver get past the _bottom_ of the grinding
wheel, and once when I forgot to put on safety glasses after raising the
welding helmet and went merrily to chipping hot slag, and a piece flew
off and _stuck_ to my eye. I don't recommend those experiences to
anyone. (!)

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter