Re: Gravel driveway

To: "Lyn Fatt, Brian A" <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Subject: Re: Gravel driveway
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 07:29:19 -0700
On Sun, Aug 06, 2000 at 09:00:41PM -0400, Lyn Fatt, Brian A wrote:

> If you're considering gravel, consider any trees nearby.
> Dead leaves turn brown and look (IMNSHO) f'ugly on white
> stones. A driveway with an oil spot looks better than
> the stone driveway filled with dead leaves.

That's up to the individual- I happen to think that it
looks fine.

However, the leaves (or fir needles the case of the walkway to my front
door) when they fall on the gravel, decompose into soil pretty quickly.
In a few years, you have dirt on top of gravel, not gravel.

--
  Eric Murray http://www.lne.com/ericm  ericm at lne.com  PGP keyid:E03F65E5
Security consulting: secure protocols, security reviews, standards, smartcards.