metal parts protector

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: metal parts protector
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 08:39:03 -0500
--0__=8A9xZgyH9AVIp9u7pUHe2rsUxZBl9V6p5Dr6LZmqSQJb7lpkuUBQiaqN

there is a product sold by Terand Industries.  called Metal Parts
Protector... sprays on from an aerosol can and forms a flexible "cosmoline"
like finish ( almost like a thin beeswax consistency when dry)... cleans
easily with mineral spirits or lacquer thinner.  This stuff is great.  Made
for long term storage of machined surfaces.

We buy it from a local industrial supply house, the company is Terand
Industries with offices in Atlanta Ga and Ft Lauderdale Fla..

We also use a product by Dow Corning  called Metal Protective Coating ....
very similar to the Terand product

both are good from -40
--0__=8A9xZgyH9AVIp9u7pUHe2rsUxZBl9V6p5Dr6LZmqSQJb7lpkuUBQiaqN

=B0 to 150=B0 F
I've used both and had good results with cranks ( stored on end of cour=
se)
and machined surfaces stored in a unheated garage for over a year

hope this helps

john
=

--0__=8A9xZgyH9AVIp9u7pUHe2rsUxZBl9V6p5Dr6LZmqSQJb7lpkuUBQiaqN--