Re: Gravel driveway

To: epetrevich@relavis.com
Subject: Re: Gravel driveway
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:41:32 -0400
epetrevich@relavis.com wrote:

> Yes, that is what I meant.  Is "paving" not a common term?  I've always
> used it equal to "asphalt/pavement."
>
> This isn't any sort of flame, I'm just trying to increase my diversity.  I
> don't want to use regional terms without clarifying them on an
> international list.

  This is definately an internationally varied word.

  In the UK (likely among others) pavement is an area that
is surfaced with pavers.

  Although the term pavers means the same thing on both
sides of the pond, (interlock stone or bricks) pavement
is of course ashphalt here.

  Remember this when you rent a car in England and the
sign says "Cars parking on the Pavement will be towed".

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca