plastic screws or rivets ?????

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: plastic screws or rivets ?????
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:38:07 -0600

Inside my microwave oven attached to the roof is a panel that covers up the
'goods'.  It's held in place by little plastic snap in rivet 'thingys'.
They have over the years become brittle and broken leaving the panel to sag
down on one side...I wouldn't think I could use metal screws as they might
bend my microwaves ??? and then my food will come out crookedly cooked.

Any suggestions where I might find some rivets/screws/thingys that will
work ???  they look like maybe # 10 or #12 size ???

Any other suggestions (that would be useful) for a fix ???

already looked at home depot....no help there...

I, as usual, bow to your expertise gentlemen

john