Re: plastic screws or rivets ?????

To: jniolon@uss.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: plastic screws or rivets ?????
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:04:01 EST
In a message dated 2/10/00 3:47:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, jniolon@uss.com
writes:

<< Any suggestions where I might find some rivets/screws/thingys that will
 work ???  they look like maybe # 10 or #12 size ???

 Any other suggestions (that would be useful) for a fix ??? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You might want to be careful buying just any plastic screws or rivets for use
in a microwave.  I don't think any harm will be caused, but they could melt
when the microwave is turned on and that could make a mess.  There are many
different types of plastic and nylon.  I have NO IDEA which ones can be used
in microwaves.

You might want to check an appliance parts place for the exact hardware, even
though it might cost just a bit more.

BTW, Sears Hardware stores have a great selection of odd hardware bits.  I
have found a lot of useful hardware there for my Midget.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport