Security of mowers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Security of mowers
From: Eric J Petrevich/LRM<inch@megageek.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:22:55 -0500
On the side, I do work for my community recreation department.  They have a
bunch of mowers and other equipment that have "key" locks.  I use quotes
for the
word "keys" because all the equipment that they have can be started with
ANY
key.  Now, they are not real "shop" people and they asked me to make this
more
"secure".  I was thinking of just adding a hidden kill switch on each
machine.
Now, the problem, where can I hide (and what should I install the kill
switch
to) for these machines?
The machines range from push mowers, to commercial "bat-wing" mowers, to
"land
dressers" (they spread dirt on playing fields evenly). Most are 1 or 2
cylinder
4 stroke motors.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Inch