Safety question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Safety question
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:55:00 -0500

-> you have both welding equipment and a solvent tank (parts cleaner) in
-> your shop, how much space do you keep between them? Are fumes a
-> concern?

 I have about eight feet, but I close the lid on the solvent tank when
welding or grinding.  Actually, I keep it closed unless I'm actually
using the tank.

 I went down to the fire department and asked if the city fire inspector
could take a look at my shop layout, since I have *lots* of flammables
and equipment in there.  He followed me home, said I was okay, but had
some suggestions along the "better safe than sorry" line, most of which
I implemented immediately.

 Hey, these guys can only hang around the firehouse watching "Wheel Of
Fortune" reruns so many times before they go buggy; do 'em a favor and
have one take a look at your workspace.  Your tax dollars are already
paying for their expertise whether you take advantage of it or not.

I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?
=================================== http://home1.gte.net/42/index.htm