Re: Safety question

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Safety question
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 21:15:02 -0800
Yeah, I'm probably being overly cautious, but it's a question that has crossed
my
mind. I keep the solvent tank closed and covered when not in use and I've built
an
enclosure for welding, but it doesn't have an exhaust fan yet. My garage is
24x24 and
kinda snug - one side is reserved for the "toy" car, so with shelves and parts
storage, there's only one bay for work area. Plus it's attached to the house
and the
master bedroom is directly overhead, so I really don't want to take too many
chances.

There were a couple of guys doing bodywork and painting in the garage of a
house a
couple miles away a few years ago. It was cold, so they fired up an open-flame
propane
heater! Blew up the garage, killed them both and burned down the house. That
probably
contributed to my caution.

--
Gordon Glasgow