Re: Safety question

To: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Subject: Re: Safety question
From: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 08:10:14 -0800
Gordon,

I usually keep the lid shut on my parts washer except when using it (and since I
can't weld at the same time...), and I have a large exhaust fan which I run when
doing stuff like using solvents, welding, grinding, etc., (the shop is in a
garage
underneath the house, and the fan is sufficient to create negative pressure in
the
garage so whatever I'm working with can't find its way into the house.

the parts washer is a fair distance away from where I weld (well, as
far away as you can get in a 20X27 shop, but it is kind of around
a corner created by a big storage rack).

Which fumes are you worried about - you want to make sure you have enough
air changes/hour with the vent system to meet osha/industrial guidelines, and
I found that you can get  the 3M semi - disposable masks with the
nuisance level fume/particle filters under a welding mask with no problems...

rkg
(Richard George)