RE: The Ideal Shop HELP

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The Ideal Shop HELP
From: Gil Fuqua <gfuqua@corpcomminc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:44:26 -0600

Lots of light, and then some more light.  My shop is about 30x30 and I have
six banks of fluorescent lights, each individually switchable.  Combined
with a light colored wall to reflect the light, its much easier to see what
you are doing with lots of light.

I also painted my floor and walls with an epoxy paint, and then top coated
it with a commercial urethane coating.  It's a very hard finish and has held
up very well.  It's impervious to everything I've spilled on it to date.
Oil and grease wipe up with a rag and the floor looks like new.  I used
Griggs paint http://www.griggspaint.com/  They have a good product and good
support.  Spend the extra money on the urethane top coat.  It is very tough.

Install an air line system that rings the room.  The whole system should
then be tilted to one corner so that condensation drains to the low point.
Use steel pipe.  See the excellent plumbing diagram at Tip's web site.

Gil Fuqua, Jr.
Nashville, TN  37210