Re: OK, then...whose ratchets?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OK, then...whose ratchets?
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 02:13:11 -0500

>Sounds like the biggest bitch is with the ratchets...
>I can certainly agree with that: my 3/8 drive gets a lot of use and it
>really is a piece of shit;  it skips teeth a lot.

Ummm, take it back.

>ratchets? I have a real thing about good ratchets now.  I've heard and read
>some good things about Facom. Any comments there? how about any other
>high-end quality ratchets? any other reccomendations?

FACOM tools are great.  My ratchets are FACOM.  72 teeth = 5 degrees of
swing, plastic handles are comfortable and you can press ON the top, swing
the ratchet with pressure applied and have your hand "float" (instead of
twisting with the tool) on top.

Oh yeah, I have some craftsman handles but the "regular" ones just sit
there, waiting for a FACOM to break.  The Craftsman Pro handles do get some
use (swivel head, extra long 3/8)...

Cheers!