Order report

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Order report
From: Eric J Petrevich/LRM<inch@megageek.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:10:54 -0500
First off, I want to thank everyone who has replied to my request for help
with a "starter set."  Lots of info.  I'll go through it and post what I
ended up getting later.

But now.  I just got 2 shipments from JC Whitney and Northern and here are
my findings...

Northern's BIG surprise...
21- Piece 3/4" drive socket set (7/8" -2") #15867-f717 $39.99
This kit (in a metal case) is REALLY impressive.  For 40 bucks you get alot
of tool!  Yes, it's cheaper china-made stuff, but for the fact that I don't
use the big sockets that often, spending big bucks ($150-$200) for a real
set was out of the question.  I'm working on one of my bikes tranny's right
now, so i'll get to use the 1-1/2" socket lots.  The local auto parts store
charged about $15 for the ONE socket.  This is a real "thumb's up"

JC Whitney...
2 toque wrenches... (both are dial-types)
81gb2543r 3/8" drive $16.99
13gb2786x 1/4" drive 25.99

The first one is a cheaper quality wrench, but for $17, I need something
smaller for the 3/4" drive
The second one is very nice quality and comes in a plastic case. (Lifetime
Warrantee)

I also got a bunch of special sockets (star shaped socket, tamper proof,
star shaped screw)  These all have a lifetime Warrantees and I'm impressed
with them.  All 3 sets were only $30.  These are perfect for the "damn,
where the hell did they get THAT screw from?" situations.

Overall, I was happy.  (got my free Hot Wheels car with the JCW order!)

Inch
inch@megageek.com