Re: Tool for a loved one

To: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Subject: Re: Tool for a loved one
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:56:29 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Chris Heerschap wrote:

> > regular combo wrench.  the other end is a socket (I'd love 6-point, but
> > have only been able to find 12-point so far) that's attached to where the
> > box end of a combo wrench usually goes.  it flexes back and forth, like
> > the drive of a breaker bar.
>
> Those are one of the "yeah, that'll be nice someday" tools I haven't
> brought myself to get yet.  Anyone got any wonder stories about them?

I love them for bikes, because (at least on mine) lots of fasteners
are right out where you can get them.  in fact, it seems like you can
either get them easy, or they're buried a foot in, and you need two
wobbles and a foot long extension.

anyhow, you slap the socket end of the wrench on the fastener, break it
off (just 'feels' better than a ratchet, probably because I'm not
worrying about using abreaker bar instead) and then pivot the handle so
it's inline with the fastener.  spin it off with your fingers.  presto,
works great with valve cover bolts, swing arm adjustment bolts, the non
cap heads that hold on the fairing (ask honda), tons of stuff on the
bikes.  mmmm, I sense an order coming on.  perhaps I can wait 'till
christmas...

scott