Re: Tool for a loved one

To: "B. Vibert" <blur@ican.net>
Subject: Re: Tool for a loved one
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:27:46 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, B. Vibert wrote:

> One thing not mentioned is hex (or Allen) keys, real Allen brand ones are
> great, Bondhus isn't bad. Get the ones with the ball-end on the long end.
> Socket head cap screws are what all the stripped Phillips head screws should
>be
> replaced with. I have some nice stainless ones holding my fairing on now,
>looks
> great. There are also various other screws on my ZX that are socket head.

I couldn't agree more.  after posting that, I realized I forgot some
things.  the allens, but maybe get the s-k/facom that have a handle molded
onto them, so you can really get some torque on them.  the ball-drivers
are great, too and cheap enough that you can get both.

also: sears craftsman ridiculously large flat blade screwdriver.  get the
biggest one they have, and get it from sears.  why?  so you can use it as
a pry bar, punch and chisel and take it back for another one when you
finally destroy it.

craftsman breaker bar, 3/8".  she won't use it on the bike, but this is
the one you put the cheater pipe on to get off anything.  nobody at sears
has ever questioned the marks on the ones I've returned.  this can also be
a 1/2" ratchet wrench, if you prefer.

scott