Re: Toilet/Shower drain help.

To: "Lyn Fatt, Brian A" <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Subject: Re: Toilet/Shower drain help.
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 14:05:32 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Lyn Fatt, Brian A wrote:

> Looking for help with the Toilet and shower drain.
>
> Symptoms...both toilets in the house drain very
> slowly. The shower backed up this morning when I

<snip>

this may be of little help to you, since you mentioned the shower as a
problem as well, but I had this problem with the toilets in my mom's house
this summer.  they drained _very_ slowly.  so I took them outside and
armed with several bottles of cleaning/deliming chemicals and various and
sundry brushes, etc., I cleaned 'em _good_.  the house is on a well and no
water softener, so they were clogged up pretty good.  I pulled more
(excuse the term) crap out of them then I would have thought possible.
there were actually *large* crystals growing in the drain recesses.  hard
to get out, and the whole afternoon was kinda nasty.

but the toilets work great now.

hope this helps.

scott