Fw: HVLP spray gun

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: HVLP spray gun
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@tmlp.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:17:44 -0400
I think I hit the send key too soon last night. My warning about
making fruitful comparisons should have said:

Be wary of comparing *cheap* conversion guns to either quality
conversion spray guns or quality conventional spray guns. The caveat
of the conversion guns air requirement still holds. If, like me, you
do not have a 5+ HP air compressor, that will be an added expense to
consider.

In the interest of full disclosure it should be pointed out that I do
not currently own a HVLP system. I am leaning towards a turbine
supplied system and using my compressed air solely to move paint from
a pressure pot to the gun. Please chime in with your experiences in
any particular models so the rest of us can use that info in our
purchasing decision.

Thanks, Eric

P.S. the August 1999 issue of  'Fine Woodworking' has a comparison of
5 under $500 Turbine HVLP units.