Re: HVLP spray gun

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HVLP spray gun
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@tmlp.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:29:26 -0400
One thing to keep in mind is that there are two distinct HVLP systems.

1. Turbine powered HVLP. Uses a High Volume Low Pressure turbine to
provide air for the gun. These are available in 1-3 stage units. They
run off 110 volts.

2. Conversion HVLP. Uses compressed air (Low Volume High Pressure) and
converts it into HVLP. Does not require a turbine air supply but does
require a *very* large output air compressor to meet its needs
(typically 15+ HP).

Be wary of comparing apples to oranges...

Eric