RE: Removing A Keyless Chuck

To: "Bedard, Justin" <justin_bedard@merck.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Removing A Keyless Chuck
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 14:10:45 -0500

Justin,

could work , but I've never seen one that had a screw that DIDN'T have to
be removed...

I just put a keyless chuck on my Makita cordless and it took a couple of
GOOD licks with a ball
peen hammer to free it up....  as  Mike told you, you have to overcome the
tendency of the chuck to try to turn when you hit it.  the initial enertia
is what does it.

remember that the screw  is left hand thread also...  wouldn't a call to
Dewalt Tech Service line be worth it
if you're not sure ???

1-800-4-dewalt   according to their webpage

john

"Bedard, Justin" <justin_bedard@merck.com> on 07/06/99 02:00:44 PM