Re: Removing A Keyless Chuck

To: "Bedard, Justin" <justin_bedard@merck.com>
Subject: Re: Removing A Keyless Chuck
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 13:35:38 -0400
You are on the right track, Justin, but it takes a sharp blow to jar the chuck
loose. And you can hold the drill anywhere. If it were me, I wouldn't bother
with the soft hammer - I would give the wrench a shot with a large ball peen
hammer, and the longer the Allen wrench, the better. The problem is that the
gears in the drill want to turn when you hit the wrench, so you have to hit it
hard and quick, not slow and easy.

Mike

--

Mike Sloane