Re: Craftsman Wrenches

To: "shop talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Craftsman Wrenches
From: "Aaron Bergman" <bergman@oldihc.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:35:33 -0500
>couple of old-timers who will tell you not to buy a tool if they think it
>isn't good - recent case, those 'quick wrenches', end wrenches with a notch
>so that they sort of ratchet. I was looking at them one day and one of the
>guys told me not to get them, said that they introduced those once before
>back in the 60s and they weren't any good then either, that 2 out of 3 sets
>were returned. Needless to say, I didn't get them!
I was given a set of Quick Wrenches for Christmas... I have used them maybe
three times since then.  A nice thing about them is that they are longer in
length than your regular wrench, but I don't like them because the open end
can only be used in one direction- the other was is a ratchet like action.
Don't buy these wrenches.
Aaron