Bon-Ami

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Bon-Ami
From: Steve Budde <super_racenut@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 09:34:28 PDT
I have heard the story about the rings before.  I heard it from my uncle who
was a Chevy certified mechanic from 53 - 79 when he retired.  Is this
viable?  The reason I am asking is I have recently rebuilt my engine and
used Mobil 1 in it.  I have recently been told that you can't break in an
engine with synthetic oil.  Is this true?  Can I use the bon-ami fix or
should I change it to regular oil and go through the break in procedures
again?  I have about 2000 miles on the engine since the rebuild and don't
want to risk several thousand dollars worth of parts.  Please help.

Thanks
Steve Budde
(2 much info from 2 many places, all different)
super_racenut@hotmail.com