Re: Fw: air tools

To: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>,
Subject: Re: Fw: air tools
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 23:11:31 -0400
Edward Hamilton wrote:
> > I must
> > be doing something wrong....At 90 psi, I can easily hold the socket
> > (preventing it from turning) on the end of the 1/2" impact wrench.

  That could be normal, really. When the impact is hitting resistance
it turns very slowly.

  Normally removing a stuck bolt with an impact is a second or
so of vibration with little movement, and then ZIIIIIIIIING it
comes all the way out as soon as it's free. The "free" speed
is very high.

> > The ratchet, 3/8", is worse.

 The air ratchets generally don't have a lot of torque. Maybe
50psi? The tools likely came with at least one sheet that
has some specs.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca