Cutting holes

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, turbo@secret-secret.com, vsaab@onelist.com,
Subject: Cutting holes
From: "William C.W. Lamb" <chip@wmsbrg.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:30:41 -0400
Folk:

I recently acquired a "driver" 1960 SAAB 93F with a lovely GT dash and a
dead 10 year old Audiovox radio. Of course, the Audiovox was mounted in the
normal location in the dash, but it's a 2-knobber, and the dash is cut for
something like that! Ergo, to put anything halfway decent back in (the AV
had a different spread between the knobs) I gotta cut to DIN size and put
an Eclipse CD/AM/FM in out of a dead 900T here. Yeah, I've got an X-acto
knife and tin snips, but I'm a little nervy here, not being a professional
car audio installer or anything, and none of the install shops around here
will do it without copping an attitude. Oh to be back up north in Joysey,
had a primo installer who'd take care of me when there was something I
didn't want to do. (I still buy my stuff from him...)

Suggestions welcomed.

Cheers-

William "Chip" Lamb
West of Sweden SAAB & Jaguar