Re: Sandblast cabinets

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Sandblast cabinets
From: nogera@juno.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 23:47:49 -0500
Trevor,
Last month my wife got me a blasting cabinet for my birthday ( actually
she took me the New Harbor Freight Store, gave me a shopping cart , her
check book and said " Happy birthday , load it up " and the cabinet was
part of what I loaded up ).
Anyway I went to a  supplier and  said "I need to buy some sand"
He told me they didn't sell sand.
I asked, "well what do you sell? The sign says Sandblasting Supply.'

" We sell ' Media"

"Okay "I replied, " give me a bag , or whatever  it comes in, of 'MEDIA'.

"What mixture  do you want ?"

 WHAT EVER WILL TAKE PAINT AND RUST OFF METAL"

'Oh' he says," you need to talk to Harry, who is our Product Application
Consultant, about what percentages  of mix will work best for you ".

After 20 minutes of answering questions for Harry , they sold me a 5
gallon pail of MEDIA.  It looks like sand, it feels like sand but I know
its not sand because I'm no fool and only a fool would pay  35 dollars
(US) for a five gallons of sand.
 Yes Tevor life is  getting much too complex. I thought welding opened up
a new world of terms  but its everywhere .

Bob Nogueira  " who really really loves his wife "