Re: Sandblast cabinets

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Sandblast cabinets
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 21:15:57 -0400
There are two things I learned the hard way over the last 10-15 years -
 - if you go "off" at Road Atlanta you never get rid of the red dust in,
around and under the car [assuming you are lucky and it is not red mud]
 - and - you never get rid of the fine dust from a blast cabinet
everywhere in the shop/garage - no matter how supposedly good the seals
are. Also if you use glass beads there will always be some on the floor
to make it as dangerous as ice.

I still go to Road Atlanta because I learned to stay on the black bit.
But I gave away my blast cabinet [great though they are] because I don't
have the luxury of a separate "dirty" shop.

Derek