Windshield Repair tools

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield Repair tools
From: Nick Jacobs <jacobs@flex.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 19:03:50 -0500
Well, I just spent $40 on another car windshield chip repair.  I seem to get
one or two a year...especially on my wife's jeep that has an almost vertical
windshield.
Does anyone have their own tools and repair materials?  I can see several
brands advertised on the net.  All seem to start around $200 for a basic
kit...up to $900 for some "special" ones.  Any recommendations on a inexpensive
kit that works?
Thanks

...and please don't give me any crap about leaving it to the professionals....
I'm not asking those helpless people who think it won't be done "right" unless
you pay someone that supposedly knows what they are doing.  I consider it
adventurous to learn on my own... if even the hard way.  I don't mind paying
for my own mistakes and learning from it.