RE: Electrical Outlets

To: "'RodPolentz@aol.com'" <RodPolentz@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Electrical Outlets
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:01:27 -0800
GFCI won't help if the falling object contacts both flat pins, only if it
also happens to contact the safety ground, or otherwise be grounded.

Re: "little yellow plastic polarity testers" : Huh ?  Even the ones from HF
are color coded.  If you don't get two yellows and no red, something's
wrong.

Another small benefit of "ground on top" : make it safer to plug things in
"by feel".  You can safely feel for the ground hole, then use your finger
to guide the ground pin into it.

I've also noticed that right angle cords have started coming in the
opposite orientation (ground up), within about the last 10 years.

Randall