Re: Electrical Outlets

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical Outlets
From: rchansle@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:44:47 -0700

In my house the contractor turned the receptacles over to indicate they
were controlled by a switch.
So, there's another option.
Bob Chansler

Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com> on 03/17/99 02:33:16 PM

Please respond to Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com>

To:   Tim Mullen <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
cc:   shop-talk@autox.team.net (bcc: Bob Chansler/Boulder/IBM)

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Tim Mullen wrote:
> I have a questions for all the knowledgeable list members.

Dunno how knowledgable I am, but I know the answer to this question...  :-)

> I have always installed standard three prong 110V outlets with
> the ground "hole" on the bottom.  It seemed pretty much standard
> and universal to me.  Now I'm working in a newly constructed,
> large building, and all the outlets (except the sideways ones)
> are mounted with the ground prong opening oriented towards the
> top.

This is a tip I read somewhere.

The idea is that if something falls on the plug while it's plugged in, it
will come into contact with the ground electrode first.  It's just a little
safety thing...

-Andy

72 Pantera - Rocky             91 Miata - Steve                 96 A4Q -
Rudolf
80 928 - Phantom               97 Miata - Nadia                84 RZ350 -
Sting