Re: Compressor sound

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Compressor sound
From: Kelley Mascher <mascher@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 08:41:52 -0800 (PST)

The cheapest, densest product generally available
is 5/8" fire rated sheetrock. If you have room
use a couple of layers. Air gaps are helpful but
you start wasting space real fast.

Labyrinth type air passages for ventilation work
well with little or no absorbative material. The
more 90 degree bends the better, soundwise.
Unfortunately, with a labyrinth you will probably
have to use some sort of forced air for cooling.
It may not take much more than a couple of muffin
fans.

bye

Kelley Mascher                                            (206) 528-2713
Children's Hospital & Med. Center               mascher@u.washington.edu
Audiology Research                              Seattle, Washington USA