Re: separating aluminum and steel parts

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: separating aluminum and steel parts
From: "Bruce Wentzel" <greendot@excelonline.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:39:34 -0500
My thinking is that although the pressurizing techniques
suggested may get the head "broke loose", you will still have a
real challenge getting the head to slide on the 21 studs.  I
heard of a technique for freeing brake bleeder screws that might
be applicable here in some form.  That was to apply 12v across
the bleeder to the wheel cylinder and the resistance of the
corroded joint would heat that area and give you a shot at
freeing it.
Just a thought.

Bruce