RE: Painting floors

To: "'SGHT@aol.com'" <SGHT@aol.com>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Painting floors
From: Ken Landaiche <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:35:25 -0800
Sam, that's some shop! I have worked by hand on less than 1000 sqft, so
I can authoritatively say you will need machines to do this floor. I'd
go to a local janitorial supply store and get their advice for this
level of effort.

I cleaned a new cement floor with the usual muriatic acid. It does a
great job but needs a fair amount of water to rinse it afterward. Then I
rolled Benjamin Moore two part epoxy paint over the whole thing. It
takes two coats. The first sinks into the concrete and acts as a sealer
for the second coat. The final effect is very tough.

For your floor, you would have to spray it to get an even coat without
running into dried sections. Around here, I could find a contractor who
sprays special (usually toxic) coatings for winery tanks, bars, and the
like.

If you want the exact paint I used, let me know.

Ken Landaiche