Re: Painting floors

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Painting floors
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 11:31:39 -0500 (EST)

> To etch the concrete, I used an acid that I got at Home Depot in the =
> swimming pool area.  Don't remember what it is called but it worked too =
> well!!

The etch process is part of many concrete floor or wall painting
directions.

I want to paint concrete block walls in my basement with some of
the waterproofing solutions (don't have a water problem, but if I
paint, I'd rather use this and be sure there's no future problem).

The etching directions always say to end with a flooding of water
from a hose.  Easy enough for a garage or new shop floor/walls,
but how do you handle this in a semi-finished basement?

I thought about a session involving a slow flowing hose and my
wet/dry shop vac, but I don't think I want the acid solution into
the vac.  (a good reason for a GFIC as well!)

Any hints?

Joe Flake
Atlanta
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com