Re: Ingersoll-Rand 108 vs. 2131 impact wrenches

To: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Subject: Re: Ingersoll-Rand 108 vs. 2131 impact wrenches
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:48:43 -0700 (MST)
On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Chris Heerschap wrote:

> I think it's a typo of the IR 2131, but there *is* a 231:
> Lower price ($120) and 425 ft-lbs.
>
> Not sure which those folks were referring to.

That was me.  The 231 is something of a classic.  HF has what looks to be
a copy of it in the Central Pneumatic brand for a little over half the
price.  $70.  I was wondering if it was cheaper because it wasn't brand
name or because it was crap (or both).  On a related note, I just saw that
HF would soon be opening a store here.  I wonder if that means they'll
start charging me sales tax.  I'd better order that big air compressor
soon just to be safe.

Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff
Albuquerque NM USA