Re: Garage Door Openers

To: "Ronald G. Trimmer" <trimmerr@icon-stl.net>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Garage Door Openers
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 22:41:04 -0600
From: Ronald G. Trimmer <trimmerr@icon-stl.net>

>The garage door people recommend Lift Master (which they sell).  Has
>anyone had any experience with it?

Lift Master is sold professionally.  They have a retail line, too.  I can't
remember the name.  I have heard that the retail line is not as well-built,
but don't know if that is true.

I have a Lift Master and it seems to work fine.  The remotes use some
oddball 12-volt battery.  I had to get it at Batteries Plus because other
places were out of stock.

It would make sense if Lift Master was high-quality, because most pro door
installers use them, and they are not interested in having too many recalls
for customer complaints.

The contractor who is building my garage addition is going to move my door
and opener to the new location.  I will put in my own new door(s) in the
partition between parking garage and shop.  Presently I lean towards a
conventional 9-foot-wide door and a 36-inch service door.  Any other ideas?
Like a good way to put a small door inside a 16-foot rollup door?   I may
not have a power lift on the partition door.

Europa, Quantum Syncro, Suburban
LOON, VTR, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/