Re: Garage Door Openers

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net shop-talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Garage Door Openers
From: "Ronald G. Trimmer" <trimmerr@icon-stl.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 19:21:31 -0600
More details as requested by several readers:

Most recent problem was that it would not work part of the time.  The
light in the switch inside garage would not light up as it should.  Then
it would not work at all.  This is when I sent the post.  It turned out
that the switch had vibrated over to the vacation setting.

I have had a variety of problems.  I have had the card go out.  Biggest
problem is that it is so sensitive.  I have to put it at the extreme
unsensitive position to work.  Most problems have had to deal with it not
going all of the way down or up.  One spring broke recently and I had it
replaced (coil windup type).  Some times it would go down and stop and
sometimes it would go back up.  Adjusting it solved that.  One time the
one of the pulleys shifted on the bar and the cable rubbed against the
door causing it to malfunction.  So some of the problems have been
mechanical ones, not really the fault of the opener.  I just find it is
very sensitive.

The garage door people recommend Lift Master (which they sell).  Has
anyone had any experience with it?

Ron