Re: Shipping an engine

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: Shipping an engine
From: Tim.Mullen@trw.com (Tim Mullen)
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 11:02:22 -0400
R. John Lye wrote:

> At 04:34 PM 9/2/98 -0400, Tim Mullen wrote:
> >I'll bet that the car transporter guys can
> >secure the car and take better care of it than the moving guys did...
>
> Let's see, I've got two stories.  <...>

I only sent my Elan on the moving van because I didn't really have a
choice at the time (didn't even know about car transport companies),
and I was worried silly about it the whole time.  The next (and every
other) time I transported the Elan, it was on *my* trailer, behind
*my* truck (although I did allow the '80 Accord to ride in the moving
van...).

I too have had friends who's cars have been damaged by the moving
companies.  Load shifting and crushing the roof, ripping the exhaust
out of a cherry 67 Z28 Camaro, etc...  I wouldn't let any car that I
valued ride in someone else's truck...

Tim Mullen