Re: Painting fans?

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Painting fans?
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:33:35 -0700 (PDT)
Trevor Boicey writes:

> I just finished putting up a half-assed plastic spray
> area inside my garage. All sources seem to point to having
> an exhaust fan blowing in for painting, but how would
> I go about setting this up in a normal garage? I don't
> exactly want to spent a lot of time installing a fan
> and cutting the vinyl siding just for this.
>
>   Ideas?

When I built a half-assed paint booth using plastic sheets I
set up a fan to exaust air rather than to blow it in.  The theory being
that it wouldn't stir up as much dust that way.

Use a respirator, your fan probably won't exchange enough air to keep
you healthy for long periods of painting.

--
Eric Murray  Chief Security Scientist  N*Able Technologies  www.nabletech.com
(email:  ericm  at  lne.com   or   nabletech.com)          PGP keyid:E03F65E5