RE: Painting fans?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Painting fans?
From: "Lin, Gary" <Gary.Lin@wang.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:45:49 -0400
My common sense analysis of commercial booths concludes that best is a
(filtered) output fan and filtered input with enough square area to maintain
a low velocity, eg. a filtered screen door at least, and the rest of the
room sealed against leaks.  Fan velocity would need to be just enough to
ventilate (not gale force).

Barring that, a filtered input fan pointed away from the work and filtered
open window or two could work in a leaky garage, with the volume of the
leaks not being enough to worry about painting your neighbor's house.

The furnace filters sound excellent.

Gary Lin     Burke, VA     National Capital Ch. BMWCCA
Metro Washington Council of Sports Car Clubs
'88 325is <CSP>   '89 Accord <HS>