Workbench Constr.....

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Workbench Constr.....
From: "Con P. Seitl" <Seitl@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 09:15:26 -0800
It's interesting to see peoples ideas of workbenchs, better yet, to
actually see their workshops! Whatever works for you I guess. I get to
see different workshops now and again, just to pick up ideas, see how the
real people deal with space and budget restraints ( unlike the glossy
mags that show some $150K+/annum schmock with a designer studio). I've
seen shops that you couldn't see the floor or the workbench (something
like mine at times) to a shop complete with framed pictures,curtains,and
classical music playing. The floor was painted, and I've seen this guy
spend a lot of effort in making sure you could eat off of it! Peoples
choice of lighting varies as well, from a trouble light hanging from the
ceiling that's on an extension cord run from the house, to dozens of
flouresents,light stands, and several job specific lights scattered along
the bench. I'm the kind of guy that can't get enough light, must be the
signs of age!

Cheers,