Re: steel shop building

To: Don Bowen <donb@cts.com>
Subject: Re: steel shop building
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 14:27:39 -0500
     Around here they used to erect a lot of "Quonset" buildings; I guess
     this is the brand name. These are the sort of tubular looking ones; if
     you sliced a cylinder in half legthwise and laid one half down, that's
     what they looked like (use your imagination...) You could attach
     together as many pieces as you wanted to increase the length. They had
     no frame so were cost-effective, but you had to live with the looks.
     Many farmers used them for barns as they could be had in very large
     sizes. I don't know if they're still around; it's just a thought to
     throw into the conversation.

     Jim Wallace
     Ottawa

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Don Bowen wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with steel shop buildings?  I am looking
to > build a shop and would like to keep the cost low.  I was just quoted