Re: Air compressors and Migs

To: rwil@cts.com
Subject: Re: Air compressors and Migs
From: crussell@San-Jose.ate.slb.com (Christopher Russell)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:12:53 -0700 (PDT)
I agree that you will probably be much more satisfied
if you save longer and get the MIG (shielded gas) setup...
I've made the mistake of trying other less expensive
stuff, and it just does not work well for me...  I have
lincoln's base 110V mig (SP100?)... I decided to go for the
110V for convenience, but I now sort of wish I would have
went for the next model up, 220V model...  The 110V was a bit
weak for some thick metal welding I used it for.. it is
perfect for sheetmetal though...

...Chris

--
Christopher L. Russell      Sr. Software Engineer -- Schlumberger ATE
email:chrisr@cs.stanford.edu   WWW: http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~chrisr