Re: WTB: Distributor Testing Machine

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: WTB: Distributor Testing Machine
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:43:00 -0500
-> Distributor machines are not just for testing repairs; they are for
-> setting the curve and, more importantly, setting up dual point
-> distributors. There's really no substitute for doing *that* off the
-> car.

 Well, they're most useful for duplicating a curve you've already
developed by the usual on-car trial and error.  There is no substitute
for on-car development, though many people apparently think they can buy
a pre-curved distributor and that it will be correct.

 Even with that, I drove 300 miles one-way last year to purchase one I'd
found for sale.  When I got there it was apparent it had been stored
outside for probably several years; frozen with corrosion and faded from
the sun.  I returned with my money still in my pocket.