Re: WTB: Distributor Testing Machine

To: Duncan120@aol.com
Subject: Re: WTB: Distributor Testing Machine
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 01:07:54 -0700
Duncan120@aol.com wrote:

> I would like to buy, in working order, a distrbutor testing machine. These
> may have been made by Sun but I'm not sure. I have a few old cars that have
> dizzys and I should start tinkering with them.

Sun has, indeed, made distributor testing machines. How available they
are on the used market, I have no idea. The only guess I can make on
availability is that I _never_ see used ones for sale. Further guess is
that if one pops up, the price would be exorbitant, as a working and
useful curiosity piece. Perhaps someone else here knows of one or more
being sold, but I guarantee that they are rare on the used market. You
could probably fix the dizzies of the used cars by replacing dist. shaft
bushings and advance springs far more cheaply than by buying a
distributor machine, which is most frequently used to recurve the
distributor, rather than to simply determine if it is worn or if the
springs are weak.

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....