Epoxy concrete floor paint

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Epoxy concrete floor paint
From: Richard Beels <71333.2551@compuserve.com>
Date: 02 Jul 97 01:23:05 EDT
   >>  You must etch the concrete.  You can get muratic acid from
   >>  pool supply stores.  Mine carried a box of 4 one gallon bottles for
   >>  $10 plus a $5 bottle core charge.
   >>
   >>  I poured the acid on the concrete, mixed with water from a hose, and
   >>  scrubbed in with a push broom.  Bad for your breathing and eyes so
   >>  wear respirator and eye protection.
   >>
   >>  Clean with water, then with a baking soda/water mix (I used about
   >>  4 pounds baking soda to 4 gallons water) as an acid neutralizer.
   >>  Then rinse again with water.

   You can get muriatic acid at any home supply store too - about the same $$.
One thing to beware of is that muriatic acid fumes will rust any exposed iron
surface - virtually instantly.  Be sure to physically cover (wax, etc., isn't
enough) all tool surfaces before etching, or better yet, get them out of the
shop entirely.

Cheers!