Re: Emergency kit

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Subject: Re: Emergency kit
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 06:48:56 -0400 (EDT)
There seem to be a lot of comments about AAA . I'm not sure if I started
them by recommending the AutoVantage a few days ago. This is why I
recommend them. They are national,they give all the road service AAA does.
There is no money out of pocket. In the dead of the winter you can wait
for hours for the AAA. With AutoVantage if they can't get a truck to you
they let you call anyone you want and reimburse you. If interested in a
new car they send you 2 or three free computer printouts of what the
dealer pays for the car, simmilar to the ones you purchase from Consumer
Reports.My daughter had a breakdown 100miles from home,they towed her back
and covered the first $80.00. THe remaining $50 was covered by the car
insurance company under the road service portion of it( which as someone
else pointed out only costs about $6.00 a year. THey rebate almost all the
money in the form of oil rebates plus at times they also give other
coupons for cash. For example they sent me one for $5.00 rebate on gas and
another one for 25% for repair work done on my car. The have  a deal with
Firestone for discounts on tires and with Penski(Kmart) for discounts with
parts and repair work. The list goes on but you get the idea...One more
thing There seems to be different deals with tjhe Auto Vantage depending
on who is selling it. In other words the terms may differ.
...Art